top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

White Background

Have a question? See the below FAQs our BBM team get asked. If you can't find the answer you are looking for, please contact us as we will be happy to answer. 

  • What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)?
    AEPs are university qualified allied health professionals equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with acute, sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities. Pathology domains covered by the services of AEPs include cardiovascular, metabolic, neurological, musculoskeletal, cancers, kidney, respiratory / pulmonary and mental health, and any other conditions for which there is evidence that exercise can improve the client’s clinical status.
  • What is an Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES)?
    AES are professionals with high level training in exercise and sports science. At a minimum they hold a Bachelor degree that meets the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Level 7 requirements. This equips the AES with the knowledge and skills to apply the science of exercise to develop interventions that improve health, fitness, well being, performance, and that assist in the prevention of chronic conditions.
  • What is the difference between an Exercise Physiologist and a Physiotherapist?
    Both are allied health professionals who have done a minimum of 4 years’ study at university, however there are differences in their areas of expertise. Exercise physiologists use evidence-based movement and exercise intervention for chronic disease prevention and management, musculoskeletal injuries and weight management. Physiotherapists can diagnose a range of conditions and use various methods to treat musculoskeletal problems, alleviate pain, restore function and manage chronic conditions.
  • What is the difference between an Exercise Physiologist and a Personal Trainer?
    Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are not Personal Trainers. AEPs are allied-health professionals with Medicare Provider numbers and are trained members of the health and medical sector. Fitness professionals (e.g. personal trainers) are members of the sport and recreation sector. Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP): - Allied Health Provider - 4 Year University Degree qualified and accredited with ESSA. - Specialise in graded exercise therapy and lifestyle interventions for persons at risk of developing, or with existing chronic and complex medical conditions and injuries (i.e. ‘specific populations’). Personal Trainer: - The Personal Fitness Trainer Qualification (Certificate 4) may be completed in less than 6 weeks of training. - Qualified and insured to design and deliver fitness programs to persons of low risk only (i.e. “apparently healthy populations”).
  • What is the difference between an Exercise Scientist and a Personal Trainer?
    An Exercise Scientist can work as a Personal Trainer (PT), but not all PTs are Exercise Scientists. While both are qualified to prescribe exercise to “apparently healthy” populations (those without chronic health concerns), there are some key differences between the professionals. Exercise Scientists are university qualified. Most Personal Trainers have only done a Certificate IV in Fitness, which can take anywhere from 2 months to 12 months to complete. An Exercise Scientist in comparison, has spent at least three years at university learning about exercise and the human body.
  • Where are you located?
    Our locations are: Indooroopilly Clinic: Goodlife Health Club Indooroopilly Gym membership not required Level 3/322 Moggill Rd, Indooroopilly QLD 4068 Located on Level 3 of the Indooroopilly Shopping Centre Jindalee Clinic: Goodlife Health Club Jindalee Gym membership not required 1/16 Amazons Place, Jindalee 4074 Located on Level 1 of the DFO Shopping Centre Mobile Appointments: For those who prefer mobile appointments in the comfort of their home, aged care facility or local facility, this is available upon request. Contact: 0402 593 980
  • Do you do mobile appointments?
    Yes, we have numerous mobile clients and are happy to visit you at your residence (including aged care) or local facility (i.e. park/outdoor area).
  • What funded schemes do you accept?
    Funded care schemes are available, and individuals can utilise Exercise Physiology and Exercise Science services under these schemes. These include: - Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Medicare Team Care Arrangement Scheme - National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) may be referred for clinically necessary treatment on a valid D904 referral form - WorkCover Queensland and ComCare, return to work service - Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance claims, post-accident and/or injury - Home Care Services Queensland - Eligible Private Health Insurance Rebates (please check with your Private Health Fund) We also have HICAPS onsite for on the spot private health claims.
  • Which health fund providers do you accept?
    We accept all Health Fund Providers for our Exercise Physiology services. Please check with your Health Fund if Exercise Physiology is covered.
bottom of page